Even in troubled economic times, people are still giving to charities in need. It's a story that's repeated over and over again across the country. The same is true here at the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service.
Each year around the holidays, a group of staffers collect funds as part of a massive federal campaign for charity. This time around, we dug deep, giving an average of $225.00 per person. In fact, we reached not just 100% of our goal, but 253% of our expected goal, receiving the coveted Chairman's Award from Smithsonian Secretary Wayne Clough in addition to the Most Valuable Fundraising Award for our canned food drive and movie showing. Special thanks to our staff and top-notch keyworkers:
- Ed Liskey (stellar scheduling & exhibitor relations coordinator)
- Ann Carper (brilliant writer/editor)
- Shavonne Harding (devoted scheduling & exhibitor relations coordinator)
- Ruth Trevarrow (registrar extraordinaire)
- Devra Wexler (hard-working project director)
- Ajith Gunaratne (dedicated IT specialist)